Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fall in Love with Fair Trade

I had so much fun with Tabletop Stories first anniversary, but now it's time for some fresh new tablescapes. It has been quite a while since I featured merchandise from Ten Thousand Villages...and the store is just packed with wonderful items right now in preparation for the busy holiday season.  So let's begin with this lovely Paisley Botanical block-printed tablecloth from India.


Rusts and deep tans and shades of grey, all on a cream background, give me so many colors to work with.


Of course, there are napkins to match.  I love to use my glossy grey dinner plates whenever I get a chance.


I've layered them with my own dark brown chargers sitting atop natural jute placemats....


...neutral but very warm.  I have added these cute little black patterned salad/appetizer plates.


My rustic Southbeach glassware gives the table a nice casual feel.


There are hundreds of decorative accessories at Ten Thousand Villages, including these Pillar onyx votive holders from Pakistan.


Available in several heights, each candle holder is unique...with colors ranging from beige to rust to deep brown.  I chose to use this Guapinal wooden bowl as a vase by simply inserting a small drinking glass inside.


Made in Nicaragua from Brazilian Cherry, each bowl has its own unique natural border.  When not being used as a vase, this little bowl could hold your keys, or nuts, or M&Ms...yes I think it would make a perfect M&M dish!  And what's a party without party favors.


My guests will be going home with these darling river stones, carved and polished by artisans in Haiti into smooth hearts.  If you are ever in my neck of the woods, I encourage you to visit the Ten Thousand Villages store in Glen Ellyn.  Of course, all of the merchandise that I featured, along with so much more, is always available at tenthousandvillages.com.  I have lots of parties to visit this week.  I hope you'll join me!

Centerpiece Wednesday (The Style Sisters)
Tabletop Thursday (Between Naps on the Porch)
Feathered Nest Friday (French Country Cottage)
Home Sweet Home Friday  (The Charm of Home)
Seasonal Sundays (The Tablescaper)
Let's Dish (Cuisine Kathleen)
Open House Party (No Minimalist Here)

9 comments:

  1. Oooooh, I love those grey plates. Where ever did you find them? The choice of tablecloth and glassware is perfect. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love your style! This table is just great on so many levels. The glassware is stunning with the dishes. The ten thousand villages items are so pretty. Wish we had a store because I am so much a tactile person. It just all looks fabulous. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always fall for natural heart shapes and these look wonderful. Love your table--I'm definitely heading over to the website now. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such interesting flatware! The cloth and napkins are great!
    Thanks for linking to Lets Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the tablecloth and napkins, along with the carved hearts! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. Love the fresh new tones. The grey plates are so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the linens. So pretty. Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete