Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Chameleons - Part 1

Some time ago, my dear friend Beth gave me a gift certificate to Crate & Barrel for my birthday.  For months I pondered over what to buy...can I just have one of everything?  Finally I decided...I wanted these placemats.  Placemats, you say!  Don't you have enough?  Well, perhaps I do...but just look at these!  Can you blame me?  At that, I couldn't make up my mind...so bought both kinds!  For this tablescape, I have chosen to use these Casitas placemats as a table runner.



They are adorable...  covered in colorful embroidered spirals on a light brown linen background.  These Stria round mats really caught my eye.  So many colors...I think these mats can take on a whole new life depending on the accessories you place with them.


They are chameleons!  Today, I'm pairing them with autumn colors.  But in my mind, I'm conjuring up a whimsical holiday table.  I think they'll work great in the summer also.  So stayed tuned...you will be seeing these again!  One of the reasons I love Fall is having another chance to use my Constellation dinnerware by Joseph Abboud.


They haven't been out of the cabinet in quite some time.  Instead of the solid colored napkins featured with these placemats at the Crate, I opted to sew some of my own, and chose this very autumnal striped fabric.


I think they are rather charming scrunched into these shiny golden napkin rings.   How I love these...


... South Beach water and wine glasses, also by Joseph Abboud.  If you ever need some new votives, head on over to West Elm...their selection is quite vast.


This season I added another pattern to my collection.  At first I thought about just plopping a chunky candle into this gold tiled vase,



but in the end could not resist these orangey mums.  Trader Joe's does it again. For a final golden touch, I wove this cute gold and orange garland into my tablescape.


If you're like me, you probably have lots of ideas about the upcoming holidays.  I feel Chameleons - Part 2 coming on.  Or if you just need a little inspiration, please join me at the following blog parties.  I guarantee you will find ideas galore.
Centerpiece Wednesday (The Style Sisters)
Tabletop Thursday (Between Naps on the Porch)
Feathered Nest Friday (French Country Cottage)
Home Sweet Home Friday  (The Charm of Home)
Seasonal Sundays (The Tablescaper)
Let's Dish (Cuisine Kathleen)
Open House Party (No Minimalist Here)

Please feel free to take another look...

One year ago:  Indian Summer

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful tablescape. What a wonderful choice. I'm glad you had a great gift and then this tablescape is awesome with the new placemats. The glassware is so pretty and perfect with the gold accents. Good Job!

    Thanks, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous table! I think you made a great choice with the placemats. And I particularly like your stemware.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stopping by for a blog visit from Between Naps on the Porch today. I'm a urge fan of her tablescapes.
    Autumn is my favorite time of year. The colors and textures that you chose are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Jill...nice to find your blog today. And your Pinterest boards. I'll be following. Hope all is well; keep that Villages place hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty with just enough sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your choice! What a nice arrangement! I can definitely see many possibilities too! I have some soft striped ones with a ruffled look that I haven't used yet. This remminds me of them a bit. Great idea with the glass candleholder for a vase! Love the constellation dinnerware!

    ReplyDelete