Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Placemat Fun, Part 1

If you are reading this posting right now, then you most likely belong to the special group of people who find sheer pleasure in setting a pretty table and who also know that placemats can be FUN!  Trust me and follow along.  Today is the first installment of a series of mix and match placemat fun.


Last summer, I found these really cool placemats at Kohl's.  What makes them even cooler...they are double sided, and both sides are cute!  The fact that they were very much on sale is just one more bonus. So I bought a whole stack...I's think of something to do with them all.  And think I did.  I came up with the idea to fashion some of them into a runner...a reversible runner at that.


So 8 grommets and 4 ball chains later...


...this was my new runner.  I just love it!  I had lots of ideas for accessories...time to mix and match and set four fun tables.  Setting #1 starts with my newly fashioned runner, flower-side up.


My plain white plates look perfect set atop...


...simple black placemats.  I rolled black napkins up tightly and slid them into bold orange napkin rings,



a recent find from Sur La Table.  I decided to play with my Aero flatware a bit and set them ajar...


...but still in the right order!  I'm so glad I remembered these charming glasses.  Frosty on the bottom and with a cool turquoise band around the middle,


these glasses look rather classy sitting at the top of the plates.  My centerpiece is once again my favorite candleholder.

This time, votives are nestled into black beans.  Simple...elegant...playful.


I think my guests will enjoy this table.  Stay tuned.  Next week, the same placemats will take on a whole new role in a fresh new tablesetting.  Hope to see you then.  Always remember to see all the other fabulous tablescapes at Between Naps on the Porch.

6 comments:

  1. I love this wonderful modern look! The black beans are the perfect touch, adding texture and a bit of whimsy. Great idea on linking the placemats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sense of color, balance, and style. The Asian influences show in color, design, and rhythm. Love the centerpiece candle holder filled with coffee beans. Thanks for inspiring. Happy Summer. ~CJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. So modern and striking! Very sophisticated. I love anything that I can get 'double duty" out of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So vibrant. So fun!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great look! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete