Wednesday, January 25, 2012

It's All About Crystal!

A few months back, my niece asked me if I'd help her throw a bridal shower for her friend,  Crystal.  Well...I just jumped all over that!  I love planning showers!  I love parties with a theme.  So I thought about the bride, a very caring and thoughtful young lady...someone who rarely thinks of herself first.  I had my theme.  She deserved a day that was all about her...All About Crystal!



I knew that I had plenty of  cut glass items to use as serving pieces , and a friend offered up her extensive collection.  This will be a breeze.  My color inspiration came from the bridesmaid's dresses (pink) and also the paper that I chose for the invitations.  I draped my tables in simple white linen clothes topped with some sparkly organza fabric for a bit of glamour.



I chose to use my favorite white dishes, accenting them with magenta napkins.  My shiny Romantika (Crate & Barrel, early 90's) water goblets and wine glasses added a touch of color.


For the centerpiece, a used these shiny gold and magenta branches (from the holiday collection this past season at Target) tucked into a simple white vase.


I wrapped the gorgeous paper from the invitations (Paper Source) around small clear glass votives.  Cute, and so simple.


Oh the fun I had sourcing the party favors for the guests.  I explored the many antique stores in my area... 


...and found a unique little piece of crystal for each lady to take home.


One was lovelier than the next.


Wishing Crystal a lifetime of happiness.  She deserves it.


9 comments:

  1. What a perfect shower idea for Crystal! I love the idea of the take-home gifts, too. Great color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was wonderful of you and it looks fabulous! It's always a treat to have a friend or relative do these things for someone. Love your Romantica water goblets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great play on words! Very pretty table in gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome and as Alycia N. said "great play on words"!!!! The colors are terrific and the bride-to-be must have been thrilled. What a special table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table sparkles! I'm sure the lovely lady, Crystal, appreciates your creativity for the shower theme and the party favors will be a lovely remembrance for the guests.

    Visiting from Charm of Home, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful table, and the "theme"--for Crystal, so appropriate! And your favors...what a great idea! I hope those lucky ladies appreciated them fully! Please invite me to your next one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love every single detail of your shower. I adore that you chose a piece of vintage crystal for each of the guests to take home. Your shots of hot pink and gold made your table dance! Thank you for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is both very beautiful and very clever! Love the gold and pink together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a vibrant table!! Your crystal is stunning!
    Laura
    Laura@reddoortabledecor.com

    ReplyDelete