Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Bright Sunshiny Day!

Spring truly has sprung, and I for one welcome the warmth and sun.   So put your flip-flops on, dig out your cutest springtime tabletop gear and set a table to match the beautiful day.  The starting point for this setting...


were these colorful wicker mats that I stumbled upon at Pier 1, on sale no less.  Red and yellow...the wheels starting turning.  I remembered the lovely butterfly print napkins I picked up at Crate & Barrel a few years ago.


I do love them with a brown linen tablecloth.  I think my Aero flatware looks fun, tucked inside the napkins and held in place with these coppery wire napkins, picked up at Pier 1 a few years back. I tried several dinner plates,


but settled upon the Hampton Green (Crate & Barrel, currently at the outlet!)  Again, after a few missteps, I selected these gorgeous pink and orange glass salad plates (vintage Crate & Barrel).  The white centers of the dinner plates and the transparency of the salad plates make for a perfect pairing.


I knew that Lela would be an ideal wineglass choice for this table.  And finally, what better flowers for this early appearance of Spring than tulips.


I was just thrilled to find these red and yellow beauties at Costco!  Even better than the price..they lasted a full week!


I simply plopped them into a bunch of square glass bud vases and lined them up down the center of the table.  No experience necessary...tulips just do their own thing.


Nestle in a few tea lights, and this table is set to go!  Next up...a few Easter tables.  Please stay in touch.

11 comments:

  1. So classic!! I LOVE the tulips :-) What a bright cheerful inviting table.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this happy table! The chargers are great. I would love them in any color! The tulips just make your Springy table.
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the color and the parade of tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cheerful and pretty! Love all the bright colors, and I totally agree about tulips--they are just naturally graceful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh I love all the color and especially those fabulous plates! The pink and orange ones are to die for! I too find that Costco has the best selection of flowers for such a great price and they seem to last a long time every time I buy them. Great job.
    Come link up to Centerpiece Wednesday and show off your gorgeous plates!
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful table! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your "stream of conscience"..ness...tablescape...Each wonderful element led to the next wonderful element. The colors are classic Spring, and I do love those tulips! Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a bright and cheerful table. Love your tulips in a row and all the colors of your setting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table is beautiful and does remind me of sunshine! Thank you for sharing at Potpourri Friday! Your participation is always appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely tulips on that pretty table! Totally made my day and gave me great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cheerful table! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete