Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Oh What Fun...

Oh what fun I have had creating this blog and setting the table these past few months, especially over the holidays.  I gave thanks, inspired you with lots of red and green and even had a visit from some sketchy Santas.  Now it's time to finish off the year with a bang!


I think I have energy for one more party, so bring out the bling!   I just adore the combination of silver and gold.


This tablescape begins with a silver and gold metallic striped table runner from West Elm.  


From the bottom up...a simple black placemat helps to show off my silver chargers.  


Next are these gorgeous snowflake plates from Crate & Barrel.  I just had to have them, along with the coordinating bubbly salad plates.  The black handles of the Aero flatware pop on plain white napkins.




For my centerpiece, I found these fabulous silver and gold branches at Target and simply plopped them into a pretty white porcelain Rosenthal vase.


All I needed to finish off my table were some sparkly snowflakes tossed here and there...


...and a scattering of mercury glass tea lights.  And for New Year's Eve, what party would be complete without a few noisemakers and party hats!





A special thank you to my photographer, Laura, for all of her hard work and enthusiasm and of course, her marvelous photos.  Thank you also to Between Naps on the Porch for allowing me to share my work with all the fellow dish lovers out there.  See in in 2012!

6 comments:

  1. Great "bling-y" table perfect for New Year!!!

    Best of everything for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the beautiful dishes...so beautiful the black and white and silver and sparkle...perfect...Happy New Year...I am a new follower of yours ...see you again soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. The silver and gold color scheme really commands attention! Your table looks very festive and elegant -- love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful table! What a lovely way to end the year! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love silver and gold. Your runner is fabulous! Love the centerpiece too, reminds me of fireworks. Great dishes too! May the year bring warmth, good cheer and many, many blessings. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete